Tuesday, May 6, 2008

emergency post

I have to write down my thoughts before I forget.

I dont know whats wrong with me. I need to get my priorities straight.
I need to do more things that make me happy with my life, that give me confidence and help my work ethic.

I can't seem to get it right, I need to bust my chops bad. This summer is obviously an opportunity but I need to internalize this.

I need to get my act together and fast.
I need to play more guitar, sitting down, practicing, learning more tunes, the whole 9 yards.
I need to let my ideas flow and write music that I enjoy playing.
I need to meditate more, and not slack off like I've been doing with that last week or so.

I also need to keep reading every night to keep my mind fresh.

I've come to this conclusion because today my guitar final sucked balls. I bombed really bad, granted it was hard material, but for the amount of studying that I did it should have been a little better.

Not the end of the world, but the fact that I wont be taking lessons again until I'm out of college - this is the opportunity for me to focus on what I really have loved for so long. It needs to show and it needs to be me again.

Without guitar I'm not really myself.
Last semester I had a good grasp at what I was doing, it didnt go so bad. I was at least doing what I wanted.
This semester although I'm feeling better, I dropped the ball totally with guitar.

This summer is in for some big changes. Organization, determination, practice, and healing.

I need to take care of myself otherwise I wont be myself.

Had to write all this down so I have somewhere to reference it to.

I shouldnt forget to buy a white board for my room as well.

-Pete

No comments: