Monday, June 23, 2008

Life at its finest...

I havent posted in a while. I thought I would take the time to put down some of my feelings maybe help me get my juices flowing. Sitting here with a cup of coffee thinking things over.

Yesterday I heard that one of my many hero's George Carlin died of heart failure. So today is truely a sad day. George will be missed. Its amazing how someone you've never met in person can have such an effect on you, same thing happened to me with Dimebag Darrel was killed. I consider my hero's to be fatherly figures, similarly I consider my friends to be like my family. I think it'll always be this why, and its a beautiful thing.
George was on of the great ones though, I spent the last month watching his last DVD over and over, and showing it off to people. He was truly a great man.

I heard the news and was rather sad right away. I sat down to meditate and instantly one of his jokes popped into my head, I started to laugh during my meditation session and I shed some tears. It was a healthy emotional experience. I almost instantly felt better and I had the ability to get to sleep.

RIP George we'll all miss you dearly. You've been an inspiration to wonderful minds alike.


On to my positive story.
I met this great girl two fridays ago. It was a nice experence but I didnt think it would go anywhere beyond that party, so being me, I got fed up and I left early before even saying goodbye.
Afterward I got curious so I did the whole myspace stalker thing and it turns out she thought I was really sweet.
So after about a week of talking to her online, we clicked and I ended up hanging out with her in the city Friday night. Definitely a highlight of my summer, and I guess this is what I had set out to do. It was on the list of my goals this summer, but somehow I dont think of it that way. This isnt just someone I can have fun with, but someone I can potentially learn alot from, which I think is a great additive to any relationship. I officially have a reason why I dont want to go back to Boston, but I can't stay here. Just like I consider my friends to be family and I've gotten away from them in order to pursue my dreams I have to do the same in this situation.

Any relationship in your life has the ability to bring you great things but most people dont understand that. At least I dont think they do.
This has been a great experience though, I'm just hoping I'm a little more open the next time I hangout. I havent been meditating as much recently so I'm more uptight than usual, but this is just another lesson in practice.

I'm done with my coffee and I'm ready to start this week. Wish me luck in being productive.

No comments: