Thursday, January 24, 2008

Excersise part 1: Rat-racer

So I'm reading this new book that I just picked up titled Happier by Tal Ben-Shahar, Ph.D.

In the book he instructed me to write about different personallity aspects of my life and how those things have effected me.
First one on the list is Rat-racer so here it goes...

Being a rat-racer has been a quality of mine for a while. I guess school is like the ultimate rat race, to get to success and by gaining success being happy.
Basically when I'm in school my life is a big rat-race, and even by the way I walk it shows.
After reading this I have taken a little bit of a step backward and taking notice of how this is my characteristic.
I've been stress ever since I started school in the Fall of 2005 and its been nothing but a rat-race with not to much of a reward. I have no girlfriend, I dont have time to get a ok job for some extra money on the side. I dont have time to write my own music and record it. It even led to the anxiety that I had last semester. Things are shaping up now that I'm on medication, but I think it came at the write time. And reading this book is opening me up to newer things I guess I should say.
I totally am greatful.
I need to stop living as much for the future and focus on the present in order to balence out present and future. As Tal says "living for the present and future".

No comments: