Sunday, January 27, 2008

Part 4: Happiness

Part 4 is the last archetype I'm suppose to write about, and repeating the Nihilist and Happiness archetype periodically.

I don't think I've had moments of prolonged bliss in my life. The moments of bliss have often times associate them selfs with raw emotions that had to do with something or someone I was thinking about.

One of the first moments in that popped into my head recently just as I was thinking about this archetype and what I would write for it.
When I was on the plane flying home, after last year or maybe it was even after my first year of college. I dont really know exactly but I was on the plane, and I was listening to music on my iPod. My choice of beverage of the flight was coffee, with cream and suger, which is the way I always take it.
For some reason coffee reminded me of a crush that had circulated in my head for about a year or two, and up until recently I was basically crazy about this person. I thought about her while listening to Jeff Buckley's Grace album, and sipping my coffee coming back from a semester of hard work. My mind was at ease from having tried hard to complete the whole semester with a bang, and I was on my way to enjoy some time of relaxation, and seeing my friends again. For whatever time period this was for that moment on the plane when I was able to think about my crush while listening to that album, and drinking coffee and taking in all the aroma was the best. Although I dont really understand why I was so happy at the time period because things weren't as good as they are now. I no longer think about her, nor do I really want to associate myself with her. Its funny how life changes and change is always constant. My perception then is very much different then it is now, and I'm actually happy that I learned alot from those moments of sorrow, and happiness and the plethora of emotions that everyone goes through with relationship matters.
"Out of chaos comes order" was a quote by Nietzsche I think, but I'm not sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Cheers,
-Pete

No comments: